Source Mage GNU/Linux
Benoît PAPILLAULT, 22/09/2004
Source Mage ISO version 0.9.2 ppc review
This is a brief list of defects detected on this image.
- the CDROM automatically boot after a short period of time which
is not long enought to read all the information displayed on the
screen. And since this automatic boot use
root=/dev/hdb to locate the CDROM, this failed.
- the information displayed by the CDROM bootloader says that we
initrd. This leads to the following error
initrd: not a valid ELF image.
- Once the CDROM started with
Installation Help complains about a missing
- In the menu
Partition Selection Menu, the field
Type is empty.
- When formatting a partition, the dialog
Yes selected by default. This
- After saving the proposed
yaboot.conf file, the
following message is displayed :
nvsetenv is missing.
- Once the installation has been achieved, some unneeded files
are present :
- Once the installer ended, the following message is displayed :
errno 2 running rc.
- Once the new system starts, the following error message is
portmap not configured.
- When activating an ethernet interface using DHCP,
ifup complains about
dhclient is available.
- A lot of alien files exist on the installed
system. Particularly for the following spells : wget, awk, flex,
less and readline. Their origin could be in
installwatch bugs. Example of such file :
therm_adt746x is responsible for handling fan
speed according to temperature. This module must be activated on
boot. It is not the case.